quarta-feira, 5 de agosto de 2009

Runnin' on'ice

I once asked someone "Why do you run?"
I don't remember the answer at all, just that it didn't convince me. "Lunatics" I'd say...

But running is getting in the bloodstream of urban folks. They gather like flocks in several different places just for the brief exchange of effort, sweat and liberating pain. I should know... I have become one with the flock.

Oh yeah, I still don't really understand why I have began to run and my legs are in agreement because right now, 7 kms in less than 33 minutes after, man... I feel the pain!

But while running, wind carving my face, blood pumping vessels exchanging anything for fuel, fast music raging in my ears... or just the spraying sound of the sea against the rocky shore, there is this steadfast rythm pushing you forward, step by step, obstacle after obstacle, the defined goal or just that last effort to overcome a random runner in your eye sight, an undeniable and powerfull motivator.

We run with others but we run from ourselves so that we can find ourselves in the end. Does this make sense?

I thought not...

Anyway,
When someone asks me "why do you run?"

Now I answer - "How can you stand still?"

1 comentário:

PSousa disse...

It makes all the sense!

Just do it, Friend!

Hug